- University Policy 315, Copyright Policy
- Atkins Library Copyright Site: Comprehensive resource for faculty and students on copyright law, including ownership, fair use, plagiarism, TEACH Act, classroom use, online use, and library resources.
- Atkins Library LibGuide on Copyright: This guide is intended to provide you with an overview of copyright and fair use in the educational setting, as well as links to resources where you can learn more about specific topics.
- Copyright Law in the Educational Setting: This information is provided to assist members of the UNC Charlotte community by summarizing basic copyright laws, especially as they relate to distance learning, multimedia, and web development, and is not intended as legal advice. Please seek legal counsel to obtain specific legal advice.
- Copyright Basics: PowerPoint Presentation by OLA
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) (from the U.S. Copyright Office)
- The Office of Legal Affairs considers the following resources useful, but the OLA is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of these resources.
- Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Open Educational Resources - A Guide for Authors, Adapters & Adopters of Openly Licensed Teaching and Learning Materials
- Copyright and Primary Resources for Teachers (from the US Copyright Office)
- Fair Use Checklist (Cornell University)
- Copyright Crash Course and TEACH Act (U. of Texas Libraries)
- Copyright Law Links to External Sites
- Teaching Copyright Curriculum from the Electronic Frontier Foundation
- A Fair(y) Use Tale: Professor Eric Faden of Bucknell University created this humorous, yet informative, review of copyright principles delivered through the words of the very folks we can thank for nearly endless copyright terms.
- Student Copyright Resources (from UNC Charlotte Student Computing)
- Student FAQs from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA)
Copyright Infringement Annual Notices
University Trademark Information
- University Policy 601.17, Licensing of University-Owned Trademarks
- University Licensing Program
- UNC Charlotte Trademark Licensing FAQ
- University Marks