University Policy 301, Patent Policy, has been revised to:
- provide more user-friendly headings and organizational flow;
- increase the percentage of net revenue payable to the inventor(s) to a flat 50% to encourage and support research and development activities;
- authorize the Director of Technology Transfer to act independently of the Patent Committee in order to increase efficiency in straight-forward or routine matters and to allow the Director to process ownership claims during the Summer break when the Committee does not meet;
- clarify the bases upon which the University asserts ownership in employees’ inventions and the obligation to assign ownership to the University immediately upon invention as a condition of employment or enrollment; and
- clarify the limited bases upon which the University will claim ownership of student inventions.